Computers & Technology
Eisenhower provides access to more than 50 computer stations for internet browsing or using Microsoft Office products. Patrons with under $10.00 in fines may reserve a computer station for a period of two hours for Norridge and Harwood Heights residents or one hour for others which can be extended if the computer has no other reservations. Reservations are made in-person on a first-come, first-served basis.
Laptop computers are also available to borrow for two hours of in-library use at the Welcome Desk, Answers Desk, or Kids World Desk. All laptops are installed with Microsoft Office programs. Residents of Norridge and Harwood Heights may reserve a laptop up to a week in advance by calling the Answers Desk at 708-867-2299. Nonresidents may borrow a laptop in person on a first-come, first-served basis.
By using library computers to access the internet, you agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy.
The Eisenhower Library offers wireless internet access to all visitors with wireless enabled devices. By using Eisenhower’s wireless network, you agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy. If you have a problem connecting, a staff member will be happy to help.
Printing, Copying, Scanning, and Faxing
Eisenhower provides access to laser printers, photocopiers, scanners, and fax stations that can be used for a nominal price. Fees may be paid via cash, credit, debit, or value-added library cards.
Printing and Photocopying
- B&W: 10 cents/page. Color: 50 cents/page.
- Printing stations accept cash or value added library cards.
- Credit may be added to your library card (or any registered library card) at printing stations.
- Credit may be added to your library card by credit or debit at pr.eisenhowerlibrary.org:9192
For the convenience of patrons who have computers but no printer, or those using laptops in the library, we offers wireless/remote printing through printeron.net. To print remotely, follow the instructions below, then visit the library to retrieve your documents.
- Visit the Eisenhower Wireless Printing page on the web.
- Choose Black & White or Color printer.
- Enter your Library Card Number or Guest Name to identify your print job at the library. (If a Guest Name is used, payment will be cash only.)
- Browse to find your file on your computer.
- Click the “Next” button to process the print.
- The website will calculate the cost of printing. Click the “Print” icon to send to the printing queue. When you see the green confirmation message, you have sent your print request.
- We recommend calling to confirm that your document was successfully sent before stopping in. Call the Answers Desk at 708-878-2299.
- You can also download the PrinterOn app for your iPhone/iPad or Android device.
Scanning and Faxing
Eisenhower provides a free scanning station for public use. The station features both a flatbed scanner and a document feeder. Scans can be sent to an email address or saved to a USB drive. The scanning station is available on a first-come, first-served basis
The scanning station is also capable of sending faxes anywhere in the world for $1.00 per page. No guarantee of successful fax transfers is available. Please have a telephone number you can call to confirm that the fax was received.
For assistance with printing, copying, scanning, or faxing, ask at the Welcome Desk.